See the amazing sights of the Hudson River Valley, including the Wall of Manitou, the Sleeping Giant of the Catskills, and wildlife like eagles, osprey, and herons on this 1.5-hour cruise!
Hudson-Athens Lighthouse Tour
- Adult Ages 12+
- Youth Ages 3-11
- Infant Ages 2 and under
- Member • Adult Member ID required at check-in
- Member • Child Member ID required at check-in
Cruise to the Hudson-Athens Lighthouse!
The Hudson-Athens Lighthouse was built in 1874 and is located in the middle of the Hudson River between the Village of Athens and the City of Hudson. The Lighthouse was built to guide ships safely down the Hudson River. It is still in service to this day.
Come hop aboard our 15-passenger Little Spirit and take a short ride to the lighthouse, where you get the chance to take a tour inside led by Emily Brunner, a woman who actually lived in the lighthouse in the 1930s and 1940s. She shares stories about her life at the lighthouse and her father, who was the lightkeeper.
Please note that this cruise departs from Athens or Hudson, New York, which are 2 hours upstate from New York City.
- A 10-minute cruise to and from the lighthouse while enjoying the beautiful Hudson River
- Real stories of life at the lighthouse from Emily Brunner!
- Bring along a snack or lunch and enjoy on the picnic tables outside the lighthouse while enjoying a 360-degree view of the Catskill Mountains and Hudson River.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as you will be on your feet for most of the tour. There is a metal staircase that you must climb to get to the lighthouse.